Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Beautiful Beehive Stitch Scarf

I crocheted this scarf as a thank you/Christmas gift for my dear friend Karen whose favorite color is purple. I thought the beehive stitch really brought out the gorgeous texture and beautiful color gradient in this yarn (I'm sorry, I can't tell you exactly what this yarn is, because another friend gave it to me out of her stash, and the label had been removed).


The only drawback was that I ran out of yarn, so it made a very short scarf! The scarf, as it was, worked well if you tucked it under your coat, but you couldn't wrap it around your neck at all, or wear it without a coat. Fortunately, my crochet friend Shelia, who is so practical and has so much experience with these things, suggested sewing on a button, so that Karen could wear the scarf more like a cowl. 


And I loved it so much I made another one for myself :)
Cat hair is a valid accessory, right?


(Please excuse my unbrushed hair and the awkward double chin from trying to take a picture of myself. I guess I need to learn how to work the timer on the camera.)








No comments:

Post a Comment