Friday, February 21, 2014

Beehive Stitch Scarf--A Free Pattern!

Here is the pattern for the beehive stitch scarf I wrote about yesterday in this post.

I used bulky weight yarn (I'm sorry, I can't give you specifics because the yarn was a gift from a friend from her stash, and the label had been removed). It's definitely fun if you have a self-striping or multi-colored yarn, because as you crochet a beautiful pattern is revealed!

I used size I (5.5mm) crochet hook.

Stitches used:
Ch = chain
Dc = double crochet
FPdc = front post double crochet

Here is the pattern:

Chain a multiple of 2 plus 1. (I did 21, but you can chain more or less based on how wide you want the scarf to be.)

Row 1: starting in 4th chain from the hook, work 1 dc in each ch across, turn.

Row 2: ch 3 (counts as first dc), skip first st, *1 FPdc in the next dc, 1dc in the next dc, rep from * across, ending one dc in top of turning ch, turn.

Row 3: ch3, skip first st, *1 FPdc in the next FPdc, 1 dc in the next dc, rep from *, ending with 1 fc in top of turning ch.

Rep row 3 for pattern.

Make the scarf as long as desired. Mine is only about 2 feet 6 inches long.

Sew a large button in the center of the fourth row of the scarf. Your weave should be loose enough to be able to work the button through wherever you want it. Enjoy your scarf!



I adapted this pattern from this book: The Complete Photo Guide to Crochet


No comments:

Post a Comment