Monday, February 24, 2014

The Unicorn Reunion Tour!

Like I said in my first post, my crochet unicorns are my most popular items. I have made over a dozen custom orders for my students and others (using this pattern from Eden Dintsikos, found at Ravelry.com). This post will show a small sampling of the various possible color combinations, although there are endless possibilities!


Madelyn's unicorn shows the most popular color combination: white and hot pink. 




The unicorn on the left is Isabella's, and the one on the right is Brooke's. 
I love how they added their own accessories to personalize their unicorns and showcase their personalities! This photo shows how you can easily adapt the size of the unicorn by using different thicknesses of yarn and different sizes of crochet hooks. 

Brooke's unicorn was one of the first I made, in light and dark purples. I love how Brooke added her own accessories--a pink fuzzy headband/crown, and a cute little pink dress!




Isabella's unicorn (which she named Clara) is made with hot pink and peach yarn, and she added a tutu and legwarmers that came with her American Girl doll, which happen to be the perfect size!




Here's a better picture of the legwarmers, and the cute little braided tails!

Anne and Emma, who are twins, got matching unicorns for Christmas. They were designed to match the colors of their Nutcracker costumes. I think they are precious!



I also crocheted matching fairy wings for them! Which I guess makes them a unicorn/pegasus hybrid. Unicornasuses? Pegacorns? Hmmm...we'll definitely have to come up with a cuter name for them. 

Again, you can visit Yarn Yard (or Ravelry.com) for this and other adorable amigurumi crochet patterns for stuffed animals. Thanks for checking out my project!

xo, Emily



No comments:

Post a Comment